Immediate Ceramic Dental Implants
for General and Holistic Dentists and Discerning Patients
BioImplant™ is the first dental implant specifically designed for immediate implantation. It is fundamentally different to screw-type implants, and cannot be compared with them in any way.
No longer should a patient be subjected to multiple invasive operations to be fitted to the screw. Instead, fit the implant into the tooth socket. No operation is necessary.
This treatment has been clinically proven over 11 years.
The Anatomic Implant
At the present time there are over 250 implant companies, manufacturing over a thousand screw-type implants – yet not a single screw fits the tooth socket.
BioImplant™ is a single-piece implant, customized in form and color to the patient’s individual tooth, whether single or multi-rooted.
The implant fits exactly into the tooth socket, and therefore any operation on hard or soft tissue, augmentation with cadaver/artificial bone, is absolutely unnecessary.
Apical infection is not a contra-indication as long as the tooth is not movable. Furthermore, we remove only the periodontal ligament, but never the bone.
As there are no operations, there are no complicated guidelines to follow. Drilling guides, bone substitutes, membranes, and product-specific surgical sets and drilling sequences are a thing of the past.
BioImplant™ not only respects the individual form, but also takes different bone quality into consideration, and can be placed in less than a minute into the fresh extraction socket.
The prefabricated crown stump can be adjusted at any time in the same way as a natural tooth. Immediate implantology is complicated only by the use of simple screw type implants.
Placed With Two Common Tools
Besides the instruments necessary for tooth removal, placement of the implant is carried out using a surgical hammer and a driver. The procedure is simple enough to be performed by any general dentist. The implantation is already finished before the first drill can be selected and mounted in the common treatment method.
- Medical grade zirconia is well known to be the most biocompatible material currently available. All studies confirm the same or even better osseointegration than titanium, without the side effects of metals;
- No bone drilling: The implant is adapted to the bone and not vice versa, so loss of healthy bone is avoided;
- No cadaver bone or bone substitutes;
- No surgery means no alteration of hard or soft tissue, preserving natural anatomy;
- No drilling means absolutely no risk of surgical trauma by drilling to neighboring structures such as dental roots, mandible nerves, or maxillary sinuses;
- Minimally invasive and naturally flapless: The exact fit of the implant makes any additional surgical interventions like bone augmentation, guided bone or tissue regeneration completely unnecessary;
- High patient acceptance: because of the principle of ‘not too loose, and not too tight’, the implant can be placed in less than one minute, no swelling, no bruising, minimizing discomfort to the patient;
- Reduced healing time: because of the exact fit there is no need for filling bone gaps with bone substitute or bone, nor is the bone forced to bridge gaps;
- This single piece implant has no gaps and therefore guarantees no dirty connection between implant and the abutment regular leading to odour, gingivitis and bone loss.
- No peri-implantitis has ever been observed on truly anatomic ceramic implants in 11 years’ follow-up
- Reduced health care costs and no need for employee’s illness.
Dentist & Technician
- Simple, logical and patient-friendly: The implantation of a root analogue zirconia dental implant does not require special skills or extensive training for the dental surgeon;
- There are no surgical protocols or guidelines, and the prosthetic protocol: make a crown, as one would do on a natural tooth;
- The single stage implant is put in place with two common tools. No surgical kits need to be purchased.
- Absolutely no secondary prosthetic parts are necessary;
- No thick catalogues have to be studied, and no knowledge is necessary about confusing and highly company-specific numerous secondary implant parts and their individual names;
- No handling and storage of expensive numerous secondary prosthetic parts;
- No dependency on future availability of spare parts;
- No platform switching necessary – does a natural tooth provide platform switching?
- No infected micro gaps and screw loosening are possible;
- Easy adaption: The crown stump can be adapted by means of grinding at any time by use of conventional dental equipment;
- Infection is never a contra-indication unless it is acute.
- Completely open to all common methods of crown reconstruction.
- Maximal primary stability is achieved because the implant fits exactly;
- Since there are no gaps between the implant and the bone, the healing period is shorter;
- Early loading of bone: The implant is subjected to a reduced functional load from the beginning, preventing bone and soft tissue resorption due to involution atrophy during the healing period.
- The exclusive use of root-colored zirconia leads to satisfying esthetic results, even in case of soft or hard tissue recession. There will never be any unnatural metal discoloration, only the look of the natural neck of a tooth.
The Principle of “Differentiated Osseointegration”
Differentiated Osseointegration describes the guided equilibrium of bone implant distance, contact and compression in due consideration of spongy or cortical bone to achieve secure osseointegration on truly anatomic dental implants.
Implant surface design is crucial in integrating all three possible primary bone implant contact scenarios:
- Contact in the areas of the exact dental replica;
- Distance at the thin buccal and lingual cortical plates;
- Compression in areas of macro retentions in areas of spongy bone.
True ‘root-form analogue’ or ‘anatomic’ dental implants have been attempted in the past, most notably by Hodosh (1969). Those early attempts failed because of insufficient knowledge on healing of cortical and spongy bone, method, material, tooling, and technology.
Only the principle of Differentiated Osseointegration in conjunction with the best material and technology has led to the first success in this field. In addition BioImplant™ employs modern CAD/CAM technology to enable the precise replication of natural tooth forms, using zirconia – the hardest, most biocompatible material, already extensively used in implant medicine.
Further information can be found in our scientific publications on Differentiated Osseointegration.
Dental Journals (German)
Press Articles (German)
Schonender Ersatz für den verlorenen Zahn
In Wien wird an einer neuen Gerneration von Zahnimplantaten geforscht